Blue Badge

The Blue Badge scheme allows the drivers of passengers with severe mobility problems to park close to where they need to go. The Blue Badge is displayed in your vehicle window and allows you to park in the specially designated bays. You can apply for a Blue Badge from your local authority by calling them or by applying online.


This leasing scheme provides a new car, scooter, or powered wheelchair for individuals in exchange for their government mobility allowances (either the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance or the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment).

Bus Pass

You may be eligible for free bus travel. Contact your local to find out who issues disabled bus passes in your area as part of the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme.

Disabled Railcard

The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult.

You will qualify if you:

  • Receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
  • Receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
    • the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
    • the higher or middle rate for the care component
  • Have a visual impairment
  • Have a hearing impairment
  • Have epilepsy
  • Receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
  • Receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
  • Buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme

For more information about all of these benefits, contact myaware on 01332 290 219 or at [email protected].

Employment support